Sunday, July 27, 2008

Look Deep

Why don't we always reach the success we want? Sure, there are life events and circumstances that intervene. But, maybe sometimes we hold ourselves back.

Check out this inspirational article on Hallie Crawford's blog: it's about selling yourself short.

I know I have a lot of self-defeating mechanisms ... and once in a while they get in the way of my progress, although to a great extent, I have learned to turn them into strengths.

* I excel under pressure (since I like to work at the last minute)
* I'm open to change and fairly impervious to chaos (since my organizational methods are, shall we say, unorthodox)
* I multitask well and can manage simultaneous projects and conversations (since I'm distractible and social)

I know, though, that turning negatives into positives goes only so far. Recognizing self-defeating habits and working to eliminate counterproductive behaviors from one's repertoire is the key to success.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and reflections on this topic ...

What are your struggles?
What are your strategies?
What resources have you come across to inspire you to greatness?

Until the next time ...

No comments: